The new Mysterious Chicago book is in stores today, Oct 26, 2016! There is a launch party tonight at Anderson’s Books in Naperville at 7pm, though if I knew I’d be competing against a cubs World Series, I might not have scheduled it like this!
Featuring dozens of unsolved mysteries from Chicago’s gruesome history, many of which have never been retold since they first made the papers over a century ago, including:
- Did George Green really still the gallows (and does a copy of the photo of his corpse survive?)
- What really started the Great Chicago fire?
- Who built the submarine found wrecked in the river in 1915 – and what became of it?
- Who ordered the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre?
- Was the lonesome death of Barton Edsall a murder or a suicide?
- Was Thomas Neill Cream Chicago’s first serial killer?
- Who was the Chicago hang man?
- Do the John Huck tunnels still survive beneath the Gold Coast?
- Who’s in Ira Couch’s tomb?
- Is there a Revolutionary War soldier buried in Rosehill?
- Does a photo survive of Wilbur Storey’s “Castle?”
- What happened to the trunk of evidence from the H.H. Holmes “Murder Castle?”
- Was the Lipstick Killer innocent?
- Was there a “third man” present at the first automobile murder?
- How many wives did Johann Hoch kill?
- How many husbands did Tillie Klimek kill?
- Was Richard Ivens hynoptized into confessing t
- Is Walter Newberry buried in a barrel?
Find it at your local independent bookstore today, or click a link below: