Had a tour with a couple of especially spooky stops last night; we swung by Hull House and found that, possibly due to some renovations, it was seeming more actively creepy than it has been in months (although, I’ll repeat: there was never any devil baby! See earlier post!) Even better, we got a possible apparition photo in the basement of an old funeral parlor – I hope that we can post that picture here soon!
In the mean time, though, here are some photos from our first Zombie Pub Crawl on New Year’s Eve:
That’s Ken in the front seat.
I was the Zombie Ned Flanders myself:
It wasn’t really a pub crawl, in that we didn’t need to hit that many pubs. Rather, we spent our time:
– Getting out of the bus at crowded spots (Michigan Avenue, theaters that were just letting out, etc) and roaming around shouting “BRAAAAAINS!”
– Going “zombie caroling” (which is like regular caroling, only the word “brains” is thrown into the song at every possible opportunity) before crashing a party at DJ CarrieMonster’s house.
– Doing the Thriller dance at the metro
– having a BIG snowball fight on Lake Shore Drive. Traffic was at a total standstill when it got close to time for the fireworks at navy pier, so we all got off the bus and had a fine snowball war with the other people who were stuck in traffic and with the people stuck on the street down below (we had the high ground, giving us a distinct advantage).
– toasting the new year and singing “Auld Lang Brains.”
We are DEFINITELY doing this again!